The main objectives of this webpage is to share my work, mainly publications and code. For the rest, the site is always under construction.
A little about me
I am currently a postdoctoral fellow at the UCLA Vision Lab, working in the group of Prof. Stefano Soatto with an SNSF fellowship. Before this, I completed my PhD. at EPFL in image processing, and my undergraduate studies at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia in both Mathematics and Electrical Engineering. For more details, check my CV.
My research interests are in mathematical modeling and computational techniques in imaging, particularly using variational methods, convex optimization, and partial differential equations. I am interested in the theoretical and physical aspects of the acquisition of images, their mathematical representations, and the development of efficient algorithms to extract information from them. In terms of applications I have experience in image reconstruction, image segmenation, shape-from-shading, surface reconstruction, and optical flow.
In a nutshell, I enjoy being presented with a real-world problem, understanding the difficulties (physical, computational, etc.) of the task, and finding the right formulation to solve it.
Publications and code
Click on the title of the paper to download it. A list of my publications is available in PDF format here.
- V. Estellers, M.A. Scott, and S. Soatto Robust Surface Reconstruction. Under review in SIAM Journal in Imaging Sciences, 2015
- V. Estellers, S. Soatto, and X. Bresson Adaptive Regularization with the Structure Tensor. To appear in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2014 CODE
- V. Estellers, and S. Soatto Detecting Occlusions as an Inverse Problem. Under review in Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 2014
- V. Estellers, J-P. Thiran, M. Gabrani. Surface Reconstruction from Microscopic Images in Optical Lithography. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2014
- V. Estellers, D. Zosso, X. Bresson, J-P. Thiran. Harmonic Active Contours. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2013
- V. Estellers, J-P. Thiran and X. Bresson. Enhanced Compressed Sensing Recovery with Level Set Normals. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2013. CODE
- V. Estellers, D. Zosso, R. Lai, S. Osher, J-P. Thiran and X. Bresson. An Efficient Algorithm for Level Set Method Preserving Distance Function. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2012 CODE
- V. Estellers, M. Gurban and J.-P. Thiran. On dynamic stream weighting for Audio-Visual Speech Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 2012
- V. Estellers and J.-P Thiran. Multi-pose lipreading and Audio-Visual Speech Recognition. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing 2012
- V. Estellers, G. Graber, and S. Soatto. Adaptive Multiscale Discretizations for Vision. submitted to ECCV 2016
- P. Stanley-Marbell, V. Estellers, and M. Rinard. Crayon: : Energy-Efficient Approximate 2D Graphics on Next-Generation Displays Erosys 2016
- V. Estellers, M. Scott, and S. Soatto. Robust Poisson Surface Reconstruction. Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision 2015
- B. Seguin, V. Estellers and M. Gabrani. Estimating Pattern Sensitivity to the Printing Process for Varying Dose/Focus Conditions for RET development in the sub-22nm Era. SPIE, Metrology, Inspection, and Process Control for Microlithography, 2014
- V. Estellers, D. Zosso, X. Bresson and J.-P. Thiran. Harmonic Active Contours for multichannel image segmentationIEEE International Conference on Image Processing ICIP, 2011
- V. Estellers and J.-P. Thiran. Multipose Audio-Visual Speech Recognition IEEE European Signal Processing Conference EUSIPCO, 2011
- V. Estellers and J.-P. Thiran. Overcoming Asynchrony in Audio-Visual Speech Recognition IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing Conference MMSP, 2010.
- V. Estellers, P. M. Baggenstoss and J.-P. Thiran. Class-specific classifiers in audio-visual speech recognition IEEE European Signal Processing Conference EUSIPCO, 2010.
- V. Estellers, M. Gurban and J.-P. Thiran. Selecting relevant visual features for speechreading IEEE International Conference on Image Processing ICIP, 2009
- D. Demaris, F. De Morsier, V. Estellers, N. Casatti and M. Gabrani. Pattern novelty detection. Filed patent, 2013
- V.Estellers and M. Gabrani. Contour fitting for automatic SEM filtering of images of integrated circuits. 2013
UCLA Vision Lab
3811 Boelter Hall
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095